For those of you looking for balloon decorations for outdoor venues, there are a few things to be aware of as outdoor elements will always affect latex balloons in some way.
- Latex balloons outdoors will not last as long as indoors.
- The sun will also oxidize latex balloons into a velvet matte finish.
- The sun may fade certain colors throughout the day.
- Heat will expand the balloons and some popping may occur.
- Heat also causes helium to escape faster so balloon float time is reduced.
- Large outdoor arches can act like a sail and may topple in high winds.
- Latex balloons on arches & columns tend to fuse together during hot days which will result in popping during the following day. We therefore only recommend columns & arches for 1 day use outside.
It is very important for us to know if your venue will be outside ahead of time. We can suggest using different balloons or implement strategies to minimize the above issues.
Helium filled Giant Balloons & Cloudbusters fair much better for outdoor venues and will float for many days.
If you have any other questions or concerns about outdoor venues, please don’t hesitate to contact us.